Friday, January 11, 2008

Frustrated, So Frustrated

I'm not feeling so great today, and will likely spend my weekend alcohol free. Shocking, but it's been known to happen. The only problem; my friend's having Girls Night on Saturday for her birthday. Going to Girls Night and not drinking is like going to Disneyland and not getting your picture taken with Mickey. You just don't do it.
So I'm bemoaning this utter dilemma when my coworker says, "Well if you're not drinking then you can be my sober driver."

"That could totally work, EXCEPT, I live all of 2 seconds from the lounge we're going to, and your like completely out of my way."

"Yeah, but it's not like it's far or anything. You act like it's 30 minutes away or something."

"Um, actually it's like a 20 min roundtrip drive at 2:00am, plus finding parking in my sketchy ass neighborhood and then walking home."

Sorry, but that's not a sacrifice I'm willing to make for someone I work with. And seriously, I know what you make, stop being a cheapass and take a $10 cab ride home.

No comments: