Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Bad Idea: Forgetting how grossly out of shape I am, and completely overdoing it. I can't lift my arms over my head.
Good Idea: Making a list for the grocery store.
Bad Idea: Going to the grocery store after the gym when I'm totally starved.
Good Idea: Hitting up the salad bar. Lots of fresh veggies, beans, and chicken...yum!
Bad Idea: Hitting up the last bit of the chips and dip when the salad wasn't enough.
Good Idea: Having friends over for a few beers.
Bad Idea: A whole bottle of wine.
Badder Idea: Riesling, gross.
Worst Idea: Two beers on top of that.
"Hello, gym? I know we had a great thing going earlier tonight, but I'm so over you."
Had a dream about Sprite last night, as in soda. I don't drink soda. Ended up stopping at CVS to picked up a two liter. What my subconscious wants, my subconscious gets.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Whatevs though, I always carry the Duff as it is. I like the last two bags because they're very discreet. While I love the fact that Duff is indeed tote-able, I do not like people going, "Look at that girl and her dog."
- Joined the gym. I know I went on the whole saving money rant, but this is necessary. It's on the first floor of my building, and while it's certainly not a bar, I now have no excuse to skip it on my way out the door.
- My sister found our brother. What? While I have yet to explain the intricate network that I like to call my family, let's just leave it at...My dad had a kid before he married my mom. I told my baby sister in a argument years ago, and she decided now would be a good time to track him down. So he's like 30 something, lives in VA, not sure if I have nieces or nephews yet, or if he even knows who our dad is. We shall see how this one pans out.
- My bestest friend in the whole wide world (at least on the West Coast) is pregnant with her first little one. I could not be more proud or excited for her and her huh (can we start saying the whole word now). They're going to be the two most adorable and doting parents in the whole world.
- Work is amazing right now. I'm finally starting to get some more projects that require some sort of creativity.
I've really been struggling with this idea of having a brother (other than the little one). I mean, Shannon just out of the blue emails this guy with, "Hi, I'm your sister. The guy who you think is your dad, really isn't. Let's talk."
While my curiosity is certainly peaked, I'm not sure if I want to meet this brother of another mother. Does he know about us? About my dad? Why hasn't he found us before? And is my sister potentially ruining a man's life as he's known it? Can you imagine finding out that your dad, isn't really your dad?
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
So I'm bemoaning this utter dilemma when my coworker says, "Well if you're not drinking then you can be my sober driver."
"That could totally work, EXCEPT, I live all of 2 seconds from the lounge we're going to, and your like completely out of my way."
"Yeah, but it's not like it's far or anything. You act like it's 30 minutes away or something."
"Um, actually it's like a 20 min roundtrip drive at 2:00am, plus finding parking in my sketchy ass neighborhood and then walking home."
Sorry, but that's not a sacrifice I'm willing to make for someone I work with. And seriously, I know what you make, stop being a cheapass and take a $10 cab ride home.
Friday, January 04, 2008
- Go on a real vacation! No more of this using vacation days to go to Maryland bullshit.
- Actually lose the 20 lbs I've gained since moving to Cali. (6 down, 14 to go) woot woot!
- No more smoking cigs when I get all drunk and Dawn buys a pack for us to "share".
- Be super nice to everyone