Jota has been out of town for two days, and in that time I...
- Checked the large closet, small closet, and shower 10+ times for crazy men who may have somehow come in through the chained door while I was in the kitchen making dinner.
- Took the trash out for the first time in four months. I almost had to call him to find out where we keep the trash bags.
- Left the recycling in our bin because I have no idea where the big bin is outside.
- Loaded the dishwasher after making dinner. House rule: I cook, you clean. Sweet deal right? Not when it's just me. I'm a messy chef.
- Walked Duff morning and night. Snuggled with Duff morning and night. Stumbled over Duff at the front door while he cried for Jota. Duff is not a one person dog. He's a needy bitch with the ability to drive anyone mad with his incessant need for love.
- Walked to the liquor store to buy tampons, wine, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
- Debated calling the cops at 2:00am because the bum kids were smoking pot on the corner. Oh and having dog fights.
- Debated calling Jota at 2:15am because I needed to pee and was afraid to walk to the bathroom "alone".
- Thought up excuses for why I can't bike to a concert at the pier tonight. Winner: "I'm baking for the office in celebration of the holiday weekend."
- Tried on tons of outfits after drinking 1/2 a bottle of Beaujolais, leaving the majority of the clothes strewn around the bedroom.
Once upon a time, long ago, actually almost five years ago, Byn was thisclose to convincing me to move to Tampa for a few months before Jota and I came to Santa Monica. Girl, thank God you dodged that bullet.