Thursday, March 27, 2008

An Egg-cellent Start to the Day!


My favorite (read: current) breakfast food


3 whole eggs + 1 carton of egg whites - I know they're healthy and all, but plain egg whites creep me out. I need some yellow color.


12 slices of turkey bacon - Again with the healthy stuff. We all know I LOVE bacon, but a girl can only take so much fat.


1 cup shredded cheese - cheddar, swiss, whatevs (full fat, I DO NOT skimp on cheese.)


1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained *


1/4 cup of water


* substitute black beans, lentils, mushrooms (gross), anything you might put in an omelet or quiche.


Mix everything together, pour into greased muffin tins, and bake at 350. Not sure for how long, but keep checking until they're done. Cool, and then freeze/refrigerate for future use. I microwave frozen eggy cups for 30 second increments.


These are a great source of protein and fiber depending on the ingredients you use.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

mmmm this looks tasty!!

oh, and here's the link to the shoes: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=111348&CategoryID=3343&PageID=3337*1*24*-1*-1*23 not sure how much your rent is, but they're spendy for me!! still, so fabulous!!